PCC Goes On Trips!
The Philadelphia Canoe Club takes trips all over - locally, the US, Canada, and points further abroad..All trips are open to anyone, as long as they can paddle safely with us!
If you want to come along with us, feel free to find a trip you are interested in, and contact the person in charge of the event. In some cases, you can even sign up for the trip online. If you have questions about what you need for a specific trip, see the trip description, and consider contacting the listed contact for the event.
Whitewater canoeing and kayaking requires training, and some specialized safety gear. To come along on one of our whitewater trips, you will need to have taken some previous training, either from one of our courses, or elsewhere. Skill level may also be a factor, as more difficult sections may require more training or experience. If you want to join us, and are just starting out, contact us about some training. If you have experience, and think you'd like to join a trip, contact the leader of that trip, to make sure the trip is a good fit for your skill level.
In addition to one-and multi-day trips, there are short paddles leaving from the Club on a number of Saturday and Sunday mornings and occasional weekday evenings. Saturday/Sunday short paddles meet at 9:30 a.m. and return by noon. Non-members are welcome and equipment is available for rental. Check the list for dates, and—as for all trips—contact the leader in advance. To join us.. Contact the trip leader for the trip event you are interested in joining. Trip leaders MUST be contacted by all participants prior to event. You can NOT just show up at the put-in.
- In your email or phone message, identify trip by name of river and date.
- List full name(s) of all paddlers with contact phone numbers.
- List type and number of boats you will bring.
- If you have any concerns, please notify trip leader in advance.
- If you decide to cancel, please notify trip leader prior to event.
- About PCC
- Novice Whitewater Kayaking (4-Day) - 06-01-2013
- Novice Training - Whitewater Canoeing (4-Day) - 06/15-16/2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 06-30-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 07-13-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 07-20-2013
- Intermediate Whitewater Kayaking (2-Day) - 07/20-21/2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day): 07-27-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 08-03-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 08-10-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 08-18-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 08-24-2013
- Flat / Moving Water
- How-To Online Training
- Whitewater Trips
- Cheat River Festival, May 3-5
- Lehigh River, May 11
- Stony Creek Rondevous May 17-19
- Memorial Day Yough Trip, May 24-27
- Lehigh River, June 8
- Lehigh River, Whitehaven to Rockport, June 22
- Lehigh River, Rockport to Glen Onoko, June 22
- Lehigh River, June 23
- Lehigh River, July 6
- Lehigh River, July 27
- Lower Yough First Timers, Aug 2-4
- Ottawa River, August 9-16
- Lehigh River, August 24
- Lev's Labor Day Yough Trip
- Tohickon Fall Release, November 2&3
- Flatwater Trips
- Paddling Locations
- River Gauges
- WW River Descriptions
- Flat/Moving River Descriptions
- Whitewater Trips
- Social Events