Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (2-Day) - 07/14/12
This two-day whitewater kayaking class will introduce the student to basic whitewater kayaking skills. Course content includes proper clothing, equipment review, strokes, boat control, safety, water reading, and good river judgement.
Class will be begin at the Philadelphia Canoe Club, 4900 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA on the Schuylkill River. Class will be held rain or shine.
CLASS DATE: July 14 & 15, 2012
CLASS LOCATION: Philadelphia Canoe Club, 4900 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19128
HOW TO DRESS: Be prepared to be wet all day. Clothing suggestion: Quick Drying Shorts and Shirt, Swimsuit, windbreaker or rainjacket, closed water shoes or sneakers (no sandals or barefeet).
THINGS TO BRING: Lunch. We will eat at the clubhouse. Our kitchen has a refrigerator, stove and microwave. Change of clothes, towel, noseplugs (may make you more comfortable), strap to secure glasses, sunblock, snacks and drinking water in unbreakable bottle. You may use the shower at the conclusion of the day.
COST: Adults: $150 -- Minors (12-18 years old): $75 (Price includes boat, paddle, sprayskirt, lifejacket and helmet).
If you have any questions please contact the training director at: email@example.com
The PCC clubhouse is located on the bank of the confluence of the Wissahickon Creek and Schuylkill River, within the Fairmount Park System of Philadelphia. Our driveway entrance is at the traffic light on Ridge Ave. by the SEPTA DEPOT/bus stop, just south of the Manayunk Main Street movie theater.From the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76), take exit #340A (formerly exit #32), which is marked by signs to Lincoln Drive and Kelly Drive (or stay on City Ave as it crosses the Schuylkill River). While crossing the City Ave bridge, stay in the far right lane. Follow the ramp to the bottom and make a left at the light onto Ridge Ave. Stay in the left hand lane and pass under a bridge. At the second light make an immediate left before the bus station (practically under traffic light) into a gravel parking lot. Continue through the parking lot to the paved driveway for the Philadelphia Canoe Club. If no parking is available along the driveway, turn right at the end of drive and follow the "ADDITIONAL PARKING" signs.
- About PCC
- Novice Training - Whitewater Canoeing (4-Day) - 06/15-16/2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 06-30-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 07-13-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 07-20-2013
- Intermediate Whitewater Kayaking (2-Day) - 07/20-21/2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day): 07-27-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 08-03-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 08-10-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 08-18-2013
- Introduction to Whitewater Kayaking (1-Day) : 08-24-2013
- Flat / Moving Water
- How-To Online Training
- Whitewater Trips
- Cheat River Festival, May 3-5
- Lehigh River, May 11
- Stony Creek Rondevous May 17-19
- Memorial Day Yough Trip, May 24-27
- Lehigh River, June 8
- Lehigh River, Whitehaven to Rockport, June 22
- Lehigh River, Rockport to Glen Onoko, June 22
- Lehigh River, June 23
- Lehigh River, July 6
- Lehigh River, July 27
- Lower Yough First Timers, Aug 2-4
- Ottawa River, August 9-16
- Lehigh River, August 24
- Lev's Labor Day Yough Trip
- Tohickon Fall Release, November 2&3
- Flatwater Trips
- Paddling Locations
- River Gauges
- WW River Descriptions
- Flat/Moving River Descriptions
- Whitewater Trips
- Social Events